Monday, February 22, 2010

Running into Him

Oh my lovely friends and readers, life is just weird sometimes. The last 24 hours or so I’ve been thinking about NYE boy, wondering if I’d hear from him again after the last cougar fiasco (it’s just about time for our once a month meetup). So take a wild guess who I ran into this morning at the bus stop. Thank god for early morning funerals.

But it was awkward. I mean, really…we’re not friends (nor do I want to be). What do you talk about to the man who you’re simply having sex with? We talked about the weather, the fact that his bag & keys ended up in Naperville on the day he was driving to Minneapolis, and the CTA. Seriously? I could care less.

I actually thought I was going to miss him totally. I was standing inside Dunkin Donuts when he walked by. My breath caught in my throat. I almost cancelled my order in order to go outside. Glad I didn’t though. He was still out there smoking (ick) when I left.

The first thing he asked me after we said our hellos was whether I usually took this bus. I said no and mentioned the funerals I had to sing. It made me feel like he was thinking I was stalking him which is so damn far from the truth. Dude, we live in the same neighborhood and happen to enjoy the same bar. We’re bound to run into each other. Are you really that stuck on yourself?

And this is exactly why I am able to have the sex with him without getting all emotional and stupid. Please dear god, let it continue this way. It would make my life so much easier.

Now, who wants to bet I’ll be hearing from him in the next week? (or the next few days…ha)

[Via http://whyshouldshe.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment