Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Brownie Batter

I learned a new term the other day, “parallel societies.” Basically the idea is that communities in the same geographical area/state/country/city run along side each other, rarely interacting on a conscious or purposeful level. And it seems this wouldn’t really work out well. Sort of like adults who don’t really care about each other living in the same house, isolated individuals in competition for shared space. The other problem being that communities are always interacting and denying this is sort of like the whole “interbeing” notion (one of the noble truths) in Buddhism, whereas when by denying this interconnectedness, we suffer (the fourth noble truth). And I’d like to explore this idea more in the future, especially since it seems the root of a lot problems for myself and women like me who straddle worlds and try to find truth about life and themselves in light of so many differing sources of wisdom.

But really what I want to talk about now, is brownie batter. Mostly how my roommate prepared some and left it on the counter, so I’m now eating it out of a mug with  a giant spoon. If you’re curious why I’m doing this, reference this post and know this: the discussion didn’t go well. Other backlash from this bad conversation and subsequent events: 1) Dressing in running clothes on Saturday afternoon and instead taking a four hour nap in a sunbeam, 2) Increase in beef intake, 3) Texts to an ex-boyfriend, 4) A return to this lovely vice, 5) The loss of one of my favorite pairs of underwear.

In other news, why didn’t anyone tell me about this lovely woman earlier?

[Via http://whineandbread.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment