Tuesday, September 29, 2009

My Heart Is Heavy, I Have Been Watching The News.

I have not blogged here since August 5th. I have made a decision to be more regular with this blog and my other blog “Regina’s Family Seasons“.

This blog was originally set up for me to just talk about the news, but alas it was depressing me. I am going to dig a little deeper after tonight’s post to find some news that is uplifting and positive.

But for tonight my heart is heavy…

I am highlighting and linking to 5 news stories that have me on my knees crying out to the Father.

  1. Derrion Albert 16 year old honors student beaten to death on the way home from a Chicago school. Video of Derrion Albert’s beating HERE.
  2. China Arnold, 28 years old found guilty of killing her 1 month old baby Parris Talley.  The drunken China Arnold allegedly put the baby in the microwave and cooked her for more than 2 minutes.
  3. 240 Dead in Philippines flooding.  Bodies are still being discovered amongst all of the devastation of last weeks floods in Manila.
  4. According to Fox News,  a mother Larhonda Marie McCall was arrested in Oklahoma City for allegedly abusing and holding her 14-year-old son captive, often in a closet for 4 1/2 years.
  5. McKenzie Phillips former child star of the sitcom “One Day At A Time”  comes clean about a drug induced, molestation turned consensual, incestuous sexual relationship with her father.  Her father was famed singer/musician John Phillips of the 60’s pop group Mamas and Papas.  McKenzie’s stepmother, Michelle Phillips also of the Mamas and Papas is denying the story, but McKenzie’s younger sister Bijou Phillips (also an actress) says she knew about it.  Now whether this “relationship” started out as abuse/molestation and then over the years turned into a consensual relationship only they know.  The fact that her father not only introduced her to drugs BUT also supplied her with drugs; and the fact that her father repeatedly had sexual relations with her, for a period of 10 years is my issue.  Our jobs as parents is to love, protect, nurture and train up a child.  What this “parent” did was beyond disgusting, beyond despicable, beyond horrific.  There are no words for this atrocity.  I pray that she can move beyond the media backlash and finally move on with her life.

    So as you can see the news is definitely weighing on my heart.  As I sit here typing this post, I look up at my daughter across the room, watching television, as she rubs her belly perhaps soothing the child inside.  I am thinking what kind of world are you about to enter into little one?  What lies in wait for you?  The harder it gets to pray means the more needed the prayers are…

    My heart is heavy…

    No comments:

    Post a Comment